Extreme Yoga: What you won't be learning in my class

My mother loves to send along intriguing things ... in this case, a clipping from the newspaper of yogis in India:


Last time she greeted me at the airport with an for poledancing.

While you can practice and practice and get more flexible, the kind of hyperflexibility in this photo is largely genetic. I've never been able to easily do back bends - Joschi told me that small people with small bones can experience a lack of room between vertebrae to enable the spine to bend - it's all a bit tight.

But keeping these images in mind does give you something to aim for and who knows?

See you Tuesday 6-7pm 5th Floor at the Chelsea Rec Center!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a Junket. It's a Job - The making of my "Best Job in the World" submission

Still rolling after all these years: the Kosta Boda snowball

SuperGerd! 90 Years Young and a Double Centurion (twice)