San Francisco III: Third and final spin


It was terrific to be able to actually use the loaner folder for John Chamberlain yesterday, on a quick spin out to Rodeo Beach.

I put out a casual word, and John Trevithick popped up. I knew I recognized his name - he'd sent along this article about the "Trevithick train" for the BF website. I never forget an email address!


My host Paul Skilbeck claims this loop - around 10 miles each way - they perfect wake up call and post work spin. Easy in, easy out, and there's always Sports Basement to blow some non-discretionary dollars in on the way back. Which is what we did!




Rodeo Beach is way over to the left of the above picture. My swansong was, of course, a "healthy" junk food blowout at WholePaycheck. The last remaining slices of pizza at 9pm, the kale salad we all want the recipe for, Barbara's Cheese Puffs (resembling Twisties from downunder), and the kind of wicked little gateau the world doesn't need but stimulates the economy and spirit ... I won't mention the red velvet cupcakes and 88% chocolate bar and ...


Here's a shot of Paul and the two books he wrote, one of which a champion rider said: I was thinking of writing a mountain bike book like Single Track Mind, but now I don't have to. You've done it." Check them out on Amazon:


Thanks to John Chamberlain, who I sold a Bike Friday to way back in 2001, for loaning me his super Dahon:


And to Dan Kaljian, also a long time Bike Friday friend, for driving me all the way to San Jose airport! Here's Dan and his talking parrot Sid Vicious, who listens intently to conversations in his kitchen and on the phone. Sid's favorite bleat: "OH MY GARRRRRRRD!"





More Gal in SF
More shots on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a Junket. It's a Job - The making of my "Best Job in the World" submission

Still rolling after all these years: the Kosta Boda snowball

SuperGerd! 90 Years Young and a Double Centurion (twice)