Damien Hirst Spot Challenge: The dottiest scavenger hunt ever

I popped up in Athens to face a phalanx of police riot shields. In LA, Stephen Spielberg's mother showed me her wall of fame to her son (it's on the way to the restroom). Then there was Occupy London ... and the $10/night Kung Fu hostel in Hong Kong with its Changi prison aesthetics and crazed woman who refused to budge from my bunk bed …

SPOT PLANKING: One of the funnest things you can do in Geneva at the Gagosian Geneva gallery.
Thanks to Johan @Gogo for being a great sport!

My latest escapade was a complete departure from anything I've done before - the Damien Hirst Spot Challenge - a kind of global scavenger hunt where you had to dash around visiting 11 galleries showing his Spot Paintings (NY-LA-London-Paris-Geneva-Rome-Athens-HK), and as a reward, receive a print personally dedicated to you by the older YBA himself. It was one of the stressful and exhilarating adventures I've ever undertaken.

The full spot-by-spot journey is thrashed out on my art soapbox, http://chelseagallerista.com, and here's the full chronicle.

Picking up my Spot Challenge print from Gagosian Gallery with artist Pamela Talese - who included a homage to Hirst in her recent show, Sugar and Fat

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    It's not a Junket. It's a Job - The making of my "Best Job in the World" submission

    Still rolling after all these years: the Kosta Boda snowball

    SuperGerd! 90 Years Young and a Double Centurion (twice)